- The Romsons Uro Flex Urine Bag is specially designed for 100% closed urine drainage system
- These urine bags are equipped with a non return valve
- The capacity of the urine bag is 2000 ml
- As the name suggest, urine collection bags are used to collect and temporarily store urine. It is attached to a catheter (tube) that is connected to the patient's bladder through the urethra and the urine is passed through this tube into the urine bag. Such devices are used by people that may be suffering from urinary incontinence/ leakage, difficulty in urination, urinary tract infections, during and after certain types of urological and gynaecological surgeries, and other ailments.
- Urine bags are made from medical grade PVC that is non-toxic and safe to use. It is important to ensure the quality of the PVC that is used to manufacture the urine bags.
- Urine bags are available either as a leg bag or a drainage bag. A Leg urine bag is attached to the patients thigh with elastic or Velcro straps and allows them to move freely during the day. They have a small holding capacity in comparison to a drainage urine bag and need to be emptied and cleaned more frequently. A drainage urine bag is used for patients that may be in wheelchairs or beds and are not attached to the patients body. They can be used for a longer period of time and are commonly used during the night while the patient is asleep.
- It is advised to empty the drainage bag every four to eight hours, or if it becomes filled before then. Do not let the drain tube touch the container the urine is draining into, when emptying the bag. Wash hands with soap and water before and after touching the catheter or drainage bag.
- Most urine bags are not recommended to be re-used for more than a month even with thorough cleaning every time the bag is drained. If the bag looks dirty or smells bad, then it should not be used and disposed off immediately.