- Needle Length: 23mm
- Suture Length: 35 cm
- Colour: Violet
- Suture Type: Synthetic Braided
- Absorption Profile: Absorbable: 56 - 70 Days (Average 63 Days)
- Suture Diameter: USP 1
- Suture Material: Polyglactin 910
- Coating: IRGACARE MP - Triclosan (Antibacterial)
- Tensile Strength: 75% retention at 14 days, 50% retention at 21 days, 25% retention at 28 days
- The coated Vicryl Plus Suture is indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/ or ligation, except for ophthalmic, cardiovascular and neurological tissues.
It offers benefits in a range of surgical applications including:
- Predictable breaking strength retention (BSR) profile to provide support for 14 to 28 days while tissues heal
- Provides protection against colonization of the suture by bacteria commonly associated with SSIs, including Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis (MRSE)
- Its multifilament design provides greater pliability than monofilament sutures and unsurpassed knot security
- Proprietary suture coating lowers tissue drag compared with standard braided sutures and ensures easy knot sliding and knot positioning
- Hydrolytic process elicits only a slight tissue reaction during absorption.